CARDINAL & KEYS - BLOG

Carbon Monoxide and Fire Safety in the Home

As a homeowner, it’s important to be aware of the preventable risks associated with carbon monoxide and fire in the home, in order to help protect you and the homes inhabitants. A sobering fact: More than 50 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning in Canada. Of those 50 deaths, 11 of those cases occur in Ontario on average. Carbon Monoxide is a colourless odourless gas that is produced as a by-product of incomplete combustion of carbon based fuels such as; Wood, propane, natural gas, heating oil, coal, charcoal, kerosene and gasoline. Attached garages can pose a carbon monoxide risk, when running vehicles are present in the garage. For this reason the Ontario Building code (and o

Book your Home Inspection online613 327 3098 - Serving the Greater Ottawa Area.